We’re rewarding the question askers & reputations are being recalculated! Read more.
22

From the Unity FAQ: Can we sell games and make money with the free version of Unity? Yes you can create and sell a game with the free version of Unity, without paying royalties or any revenue share. However, the free version of Unity may not be licensed by a commercial entity with annual gross revenues (based on fiscal year) in excess of US$100,...


4

They have a Roadmap on their site with a list of what their plans are. However, people that have worked with the engine wouldn't know the business plan is anymore than the average Facebook user would know what the business plan is/was. It's unlikely that a random person making a game is going to know what the business plan of a new company is (unless it's ...


4

I'm going to suggest the simplest method of all. Take a small cut off the top as founders, 10% between the two of you maybe. Split the remaining 90% equally between anyone who puts in a solid amount of work, including you two in the mix. Once you start playing games with "your job is only worth 75% of what this other guy did" with a deferred payout on a ...


2

@Gnemlock said most of it already. There's another concept I'd like to point you at: The business model used by Rayark Games in their game Cytus. I am not sure if it really fits the term "network" effect, since it technically it rewards a big 1:N connection instead of N! 1:1 connections, but since the benefit scales with the userbase and there is a user-...


2

Network effect can most definitely exist in games. I can personally think of some clear examples, and they all have one thing in common: Networking. MMORPGS MMORPGS have become a lot more common, of late. It seems like everyone is trying to jump on the bandwagon. If you are unfamiliar with the acronym, it stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing ...


1

I've personally only experienced working on a project(s) with one other person, but I think I can still offer my two cents. It seems to me like the only problem with what you're doing is that people will feel like they're being undercut and that you may be 'weighing' the money in your favor. Otherwise, it seems doable, albeit complex. The classic formula ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible