I'm thinking about how to get the game design balancing data (unit values, quest conditions etc.) to a game. I wonder how you would solve/have solved it?
- Java server
- Unity mobile client (C# scripting language)
- Git based repositories
- Client needs balancing data
- Server needs balancing data
- Data origin must be Excel
- Data has be available on mobile without doing an app update
First problem: Transform excel data in something readable and get it to the client/server.
My idea would be to transform the excel data to JSON and commit/push it.
Second problem: How do the client/server get the data?
My idea would be to have a service running which delivers the data via HTTP.
These ideas are quite primitive and that must be a problem many games had so solve. Didn't find any useful though.