I'm trying to find these types of names for certain Minecraft blocks to add them to a block whitelist for one of my mods. Is there an actual name for these? If not, how would I go about finding a list of or searching for them?


closed as off-topic by Anko, ClassicThunder, Kromster, congusbongus, Seth Battin Mar 3 '15 at 13:12

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Programming questions that aren't specific to game development are off-topic here, but can be asked on Stack Overflow. A good rule of thumb is to ask yourself "would a professional game developer give me a better/different/more specific answer to this question than other programmers?"" – Anko, ClassicThunder, Kromster, congusbongus, Seth Battin
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Folder names? It's www.mincraft.net backwards and instead of www it has the topic name. Are you asking what the style of naming is? \$\endgroup\$ – Savlon Mar 2 '15 at 7:41

These are java package namespaces, based on the conventions for that language. See this question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2661698/java-com-package-namespace .

Namespaces are used to group together and scope different code components within a project.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.