I'm looking to create a sprite sheet for an 8 bit, 2D RPG I'm making. All I need to do at the moment is render in some textures. To do this, I want to make an 8x8 sprite sheet. Now, I am really bad at using anything to do with GIMP or Paint.NET, so I came here for some help.
Are there any ways to create an 8x8 blank sprite sheet using either GIMP or Paint.NET?
I have some other info you might need for whatever reason down here:
- I'm using Java to code this game.
- I'm following Ryan van Zeben's (DesignsByZephyr) tutorials, and I'm trying to make the same sprite sheet he made in Episode two of his series.
- At the moment, I don't have access to Photoshop or anything that requires a lot of money (I'm quite young).
- I'm willing to use plugins and/or other free photo-editing programs.
- I am using Windows 7 as my OS, and Eclipse Luna as my IDE.