I am working on a Turn-based Game (Chess)
I have done the client part and single player mode so AI is no problem here. But the only problem is now I want to make my project multiplayer. I have done the part to setting and retrieving high-scores and other Informations. Now I am stuck on server structure since I got no idea on which server to use:
My game Multiplayer structure:
- User logs in
- Can choose between 3 rooms
- each room got 10 levels (rooms) inside
- game will automatically send each player to a curtain room based on their rank
- players will be assigned to each other and start the game
- each player got 30 secs to make a move otherwise they will lose their turn
- At the end scores will be sent to the DB
Options suggested by friends:
- Google App Engine
Why not using mentioned servers:
- some many functions which I will not need (Performance)
- MY project is a small project (self study no need ready servers)
- Need to do it by myself for educational purposes
Program Languages used:
- Clint-> C#
- Server -> php, SQL
- is HTTP good enough to handle 500-1000 users at a time?
- can handle this kind of games with WWW and WWWFORM in Unity2D?
- if no any options?