I would like to know where is the limit between the data I am allowed to store and the data that is private. I don't know if there is a legal limit or if it is ethical. I know what kind of statistics the games usually display but there may be others that they hide. I would like to collect data and combine them to make conclusions, I don't want the player to see the raw data.
- 1) Information about the character (usual data)
- Number of type A enemy killed.
- Max gold collected.
- 2) Information about the player himself
- Number of hour played.
- Time when he started to play.
- Number of time playing between 11pm and 6am.
- 3) Information about the messages (if there is a chat in the game for example)
- Number of message sent.
- Most used word.
- Most contacted person.
I would prefer not to display a warning on the first launch of the game saying that informations are being collected or something like this.
The actual question
My question can be separated into the following questions:
- Am I allowed to collect type 1, 2, 3 datas ?
- Is there a difference of autorisation if the datas are stored/used localy or in an online database ?