I'm trying to implement the approach (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/cloop/sga09.pdf). Unfortunately I'm not quite clear regarding the formulas in chapter 3, I am hoping to get some answers.
I am unclear on the following points, did you figure them out?
- what kind of value do I get, when I calculate T(u,v,w) (a point?) and what do I do with the result?
- do I recieve the values u,v,w from the domain shader SV_DomainLocation or are they calculated?
- are the corner points in chapter 3.2 barycentric too?
- does v get replaced by p0 in figure 5?
- In chapter 3.3 Edge Points there is a formula for e0+, but none for e0-? For which edge is e0+ in figure 5? and how can I calculate e0+ for the other edges? It seems for me (figure 5) there are 5 edges, but just one e0+ is calculated, shouldn't there be 5 e0+?
- Do you maybe have a diagram of the controlpoints in relation to the control mesh? I am having problems seeing the big picture...
- In chapter 3.4: face points, you mention different transversal vectors r, r0+ and r0- but there is only one formula for r0+. Are r = r0+ = r0-? If not, how do I calculate r and r0-?
I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction, thank you in advance!