This isn't exactly a game development question, but I am planning on using Unity as my engine and modeling in Maya so I was hoping folks on here might have some experience with this.
I want your advice or examples of modeling real-world buildings (inside and outside) ensuring accuracy but not necessarily detail.
- I am doing a project in which I want to make a 3d interactive, explorable map of my university's campus.
- I am starting small with making one single building as my prototype.
- My plan is/was to model the building in Maya then import it into Unity to make the application.
- So far I have been able to access floor plans, however they lack measurements/dimensions (width, length, height, etc)
- I am in the process of attempting to get more resources but am unsure of what I will be able to acquire
- I have access to the building in question
- As a legitimate school project, I can try to get permission for various related needs
I wanted to know if anyone has any experience related to what I am doing or if anyone may be able to point me in a good direction for any resources that may help me.