This question has been asked several times on the Unity answers website, but there's no solid answer to it!
Problem: While trying to build a game for android in Unity, I receive this error:
Android SDK does not include any platforms!
Yet I have all Android platform APIs downloaded.
I've tried all of the suggested solutions:
- Running Unity as Admin
- Manually modifying the AndroidSdkRoot registry value
- Deleting the old android platform folders
- Reinstalling Android SDK into a folder other than Program Files
- Reinstalling Unity
- Recreating the project
- Renaming "android-sdk" folder to "android-sdk-windows" since that was the default folder name value in the Unity's Browse dialog window.
- The Android SDK Home in Preferences value gets reset every time I try to build the project!
- I'm also not using the Eclipse bundle, I installed Android SDK using the .exe installer.
- Using Windows 8 Pro x64 (if it makes a difference)
I'm absolutely clueless, but I feel like this is a bug on Unity's side which needs to get fixed. If not, please let me know what I'm doing wrong.