I am often in need of a fast prototype box2d scene where I can play with parameters. I work with AndEngine on Android which doesn't suit me for prototyping. It's good for the final game, but prototyping is slow.
My requirements are:
- Easy to use 2D framework. Must have boxes, circles, polygons and GUI elements like buttons and sliders, everything else is optional.
- Same physics eengine capabilities - maybe there is some HTML5 sandbox that will allow me to do this in browser, but then I need the same performace (like setting fixed step of the box2d engine) as in the phone and I want to see same results.
- Good IDE - currently I use eclipse, so eclipse would be an advantage
- doesn't need to be multiplatform, but must run on Windows
- Would be great if I could change code -> recompile -> see the results immediately (not the case in Java on Android :))
I like the Flash version of Box2d prototype from here, but I have no experience with ActionScript, Flash Frameworks, IDEs for it nor the Box2d version ported to Flash.