I have been working on this for several days now, trying to fix this and eventually i got i to work.
What i am working on is Windows8, VS2012, MonoGame.
i should add that this is as "monoGame Windows OpenGL Pjoject"
Let me take you through the steps i have taken.
1. I installed monGame for VS2012
2. I installed WindowsPhone SDK8
3. I installed XNA 4.0 for my VS2010
I dont know if all these steps are nessecery....
Sence you cant generate a .spritefont in vs2012 I generated a spriteFont file in my vs2010 and then added i to my vs2012 project....BUT it did not work.
And this morning I saw that the URL for that .spritefont file was wrong.
When i added it through solution explorer..content-->add exsisting item...then the url was wrong.. "C:\Users\admin\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\MyGame\MyGame\Content"
this is not where vs2012 where looking for my *.spritefot file it was here..-->
"C:\Users\admin\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\MyGame\MyGame\bin\WindowsGL\Debug\Content"
I added i manully, and WOW it worked.
i paste some code here so you better can see what i have done..
inside my game class i put these variables
in my loadcontent method autogenerated by VS was
myFont = Content.Load<SpriteFont>("test");
in my draw method autogenerated by VS was
spriteBatch.DrawString(myFont, "Score: " +score, new Vector2(20,10),Color.Red);
and then manully added my spritefont file in the right folder
The strange thing is that i have added pictures with this way and the have ended up in the right folder but not the *.spritefont, you have to manully add it in the later folder to get i to work..
I hope some of this makes sense to someone because this has given me the biggest headache these last days. I may have forgotten some steps and all this may be useless, but I hope that I may ease the headaches for some out there
And i hope that monoGame will be updated to fix these issues...