- Open project => Wait
- Start / stop game => Wait
- Change script => Wait
- Move object from project view => Wait
- You blink too often => WAIT even more !
And so on and so on.... And the bigger the project gets the more you have to wait.
I feel like I am going insane with all this waiting. I am seriously loosing my sanity here when even the slightest thing requires a million of years loading time.
What I have done so far to mitigate all this:
- Use Hot reload for partially reducing script reloads
- Enabled manual project refresh instead of automatic one from visual studio
- Enable "enter play mode" and disabled "reload domain" and "reload scene"
- Disabled autosave/refresh for light baking
- Disabled prefab auto save
What I want to find out:
- Is there a way to boost allocated memory to Unity ? It isnt an elegant solution but it will be a good start.
- How to disable the automatic Unity reload every time I move a script inside the Project window ?
- Any other way to speed up this cursed program before I loose my sanity completely
PC Specs: CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz Ram : 32.0 GB V_Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Storage: SSD with NVME
Unity ver: Unity 2021.1.
- "Reloading script assemblies" + 15 sec
- "Compiling C# scripts" milliseconds.