I want to create a pokemon text game. Obviously I will use various stuff that belongs to Nintendo, like pokemon, professor, region names and sprites from the games. Can Nintendo sue me or take down my game and for what? What are the possibilities?
I think it's important to note that:
- It is a text adventure game that lacks any mechanics of known official games
- It is going to be absolutely non-profit, I won't accept any money, including donations, for my creation
- It is going to be based on a website
- I'm not expecting more than 1000 users per day to visit it
- To sum up, the IP of Nintendo I want to use are pokemon sprites and various names, copyrighted by Nintendo
- There are a lot of pokemon web-games operating like neopets that weren't currently shut down
I would be very thankful for any advice or help!
p.s. Sorry for my bad English, that's not my mother tongue. :^)