I have stumbled upon an issue that is now taking a lot more time than I assumed. I have a game that has a lagging issue and I have tried almost all techniques that I could remember to fix that but now I am in desperate need of advice. I am on Unity 2019.4.14f1 (URP)
I have done the following:
- Turned off everything including UI and still CPU around 40ms and 25fps on Samsung Galaxy S6
- Optimized Memory though textures compression of RGBA Crunched ETC2 or RGB Crunched ETC as needed.
- Added target framerate = 60 as without this Semaphore.WaitForSignal took a lot more CPU ms and was resulting in even worst FPS even in an empty scene.
- Turned off vSync
- Turned off all sort of lights in the game
- Tried turning off scriptable render features just to be sure they are not culprits.
Here are the setting screenshots:
Here are profiling screenshots of gameplay without turning off everything.
Here are the screenshots when everything including Ui, 3D Env/Char, and lights are turned off.