- I want to show a leaderboard of facebook friends scores in a game.
- So I need access to the user_friends permission.
- In order to get that permission I have to send a working build using that permission to facebook that they can review.
- So I need to keep my app on facebook in development mode, and test it with test users so I can build this feature and get it working.
- However when I build the game and try and login to facebook I get this...
- It did not give me a chance to login as a test user or anyone else. I didnt log in at all, it just went straight to this screen when I requested login.
- Now the solution for this error that I have found many instances of, is to set your app 'live'. But that wont work in my case.. I need the app the be in development mode so I can test this feature.. If the app is live no-one will have access to the user_friends permission including test users.
So this seems like a paradox. What can I do?