I'm always struggling with creating flexible, reusable rooms for my underground-set games. When creating reusable rooms I have encountered the following problems:
- Size - levels can have wildly different sizes and separate objects for all of the sizes seems repetitive and unnecessary
- Holes in the room - i.e. windows, doors. There may be rooms with exactly the same size but different placement of doors, windows, etc... that only multiplies the amount of possible combinations
- Not creating whole rooms but creating separate walls, floors, roofs so I can mix and match in the engine later?
- Those parts would still require different sizes, unless I am to put 1 object per square meter or similar
- Creating flexible Blender model so I can quickly change it export different variations of the room?
Thanks for any ideas, opinions, experiences