My current problem is with RimWorld, but in the past I had the same issue with Minecraft. Basically the game gets more fun with more mods, up until the point where performance becomes unmanageable. Most mods are open source and I am confident that I could fix many of these performance issues if I could only identify where the hotspots are.
So as a modder, how can I figure out where I should try and help out?
- 200+ mods, though obviously I would add more if I could.
- I don't have access to the core game source code.
- I don't have access to a debug version of the core game.
- I probably have source code access to a given mod.
- I'm looking for ways to help the community, not ways to make the game faster for just me (like adding more memory).