This is my first time using Unity (and my third time creating a game in general), so I hope I can provide the needed information to solve this problem. My character overlaps with the upper wall, but doesnt with the lower wall. This is the right behaviour given the layers (seen in the picture). But I want him to be behind the lower wall AND in front of the upper wall.
- The Wall Tile is one piece, which covers two tiles.
- Movement is depended on the existents of a ground tile. The reason behind this is, that I wanted the character to always move one tile at a time. And since this is my first time with unity, that was the easiest way of doing it. So there is no actual interaction with the wall. No collsions or anything.
- There are three Layers (Ground, Creature, Wall) and two tilemap layers (Ground and Wall) (see picture) and the character doesnt interact with the tilemaps at all, he just gets drawn above the ground tilemap layer.
What I see as answers:
- Split the wall tile into two tiles and let the wall part be on another layer, then the roof part.
- Split the character into two parts and do the same thing.
Both seem like a good way of solving it, but I dont even know where do start there. I think I can split the walls into two tiles, but I dont know if this is a good way to solve this issue. The other option, to split my character, there I really dont know where to start.
What I tried:
- Trying around with layers and order in layers.
- Trying around with the tile atlas (adding the sprite, removing tiles)