I'm somewhat alright at Lua but I've only learned bits and pieces of what I need to code some transportation vehicles inside of Roblox.
I'm trying to get a GUI interface of a subway model spawn to open without complicated events or code. With this simplified method, I can only return the specific username with a String. I need to recall the specific username so that GUI can return to that specific user since at the moment without it, the GUI would be sent to a random client, which is not what I want. What I want is the GUI to popup only to the user that stepped on the brick.
However because of the way Lua works, I can't smack a variable in the middle of an object statement as substitution like Java.
What I mean by this is I can declare a variable like
local username = hit.Parent to which that value there can be substituted in the statement below
cloneGUI.Parent = game.Players.username.PlayerGui
I have tried using Strings to formulate one whole statement, but then it considers Object statements seperate from Strings... I have also tried using the original
hit.Parent, but that doesn't work because I'm only referring to the user's body, not their client. Is there a way I can somehow get this to work?
a = script.Parent script.Parent.SurfaceGui.name.Visible = true game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr) script.Parent.Touched:connect(function(hit) if (hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")) and (enabled == true) then local username = hit.Parent print("plr: ", plr) print("hit: ", hit) print("user: ", username) local cloneGUI = game.ServerStorage.PurchaseGUI:clone() enabled = false cloneGUI.Parent = game.Players.username.PlayerGui script.Parent.BrickColor = BrickColor.new(26)--Black --Countdown script.Parent.SurfaceGui.name.Visible = false script.Parent.SurfaceGui.countdown.Visible = true for i = 30, 1, -1 do script.Parent.SurfaceGui.countdown.Text = i wait(1) end --Visible Text Again script.Parent.SurfaceGui.name.Visible = true script.Parent.SurfaceGui.countdown.Visible = false cloneGUI:remove() script.Parent.BrickColor = BrickColor.new(104) --Purple enabled = true end end) end)
When I reread this post, it seems a bit cryptic. If anything needs to be cleared, I can reply.