I'm currently working on an RPG game project. I’m out of ideas on how to properly set race skills in the RPG. In the game, three different races exist:
- Human – Balanced starting stats, active skills are focused on crowd control, debuffs, and average damage
- Dwarf – starting stats has huge amount of HP but at the cost of damage and speed. Active skills are focused on defense.
- Elf – starting stats has boost to damage and speed, but at the cost of low HP/MP. Active skills are focused on Damage
Currently I’m in the phase when I want to implement race skills. Race skills should be a passive skill which your character automatically earns after creation. This skill is another way of diversification, so if you compare a dwarf warrior with an elf warrior, there will be a difference in active skills, in starting stats, and also with a race skill.
I'm thinking about race skill for Dwarfs and Elves, but I'm out of ideas for a race skill for humans, which are characterized as a balanced race.
- Dwarfs – 10% damage reduction on each hit by the enemy
- Elfs – +5% critical hit chance
- Humans – ???
Any suggestions are welcome.