I have a REALLY specific case here:
I have an Texture (a webcam), that is used by a shader to pickup a few
x,y colors at the cordinates, and renders to a
Custom Render Texture, that is later fetched (download pixel color information from GPU to CPU), and I can handle the algorithm from there.
The thing is, once I upgraded the project to PBR (Physically Based Rendering), all my Unlit scripts become PINK, and they stopped working.
This is a special case because:
- It doesn't need to appear on the screen
- It acts as a "Compute Shader", but with backward compatibility to old phones
- It works well without PBR, but once PBR is enabled it becomes pink and stops working
- It doesn't need to reflect, refract, output pixels or anything to the "Screen", only to my Custom Render Texture so that I can fetch it later.
- The algorithm doesn't fits on a Graph based programming (it has iterations and etc)
Well, I didn't find documentation on how to write custom PBR shaders and here I am.