UPDATE: The behavior I am seeing does not occur if I replace my model with default cube. Recalc normals. Lowered poly count. Still no luck.
I am making an AR recognition app, the first time I have done so in 2018.3. I have installed the database and target info from the Vuforia developer portal. I have imported my model, and created an animator controller. I have an app key in place from Vuforia.
In Game mode using an attached webcam, the detection looks and works great, and the state manager correctly begins the animation. Cool.
Building for Android 7 proceeds without problem or console error. The app launches, but after target recco, only a small flickering portion of the model appears over the target... in fact, I assume it is the model, but it looks weird and meshy, as though it is cut off with straight edges.
Changing distance and angle with the phone camera does not change. Changing the scale of the object in Unity and recompiling does not change.
All input welcome.