I'm playing around with making a roguelike and I want to use ascii characters as tiles in the game. I'm using a 256x256 sprite map where each character ends up being a 32x32 box.
This works fine, however the sprites end up being weirdly drawn, especially when zoomed out. Take a look:
As you can see, only the biggest zoom-in has no weird artifacts in it.
I tried playing around with the settings here and that's the best configuration I can get. PPU at 32 or 256 or even 1 doesn't seem to make any difference. Disabling compression doesn't do anything either.
I've also tried using a sprite map where I resized it so every character is 256x256 but it's still the same problem when zoomed out.