(Someone on gaming told me to better post this here.)

So in a lot of games lately I've seen this weird "light interference effect" where objects on the edges of my screen become red and blue blurry. My questions are:

  • What's this effect's name?
  • Why is it there?
  • Why do so many games use it?

Here's a picture of what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/goEW4Vn.png


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.