I am currently trying to build and publish my app to the universal windows platform halfway through the process of doing so, during the validation process I got stopped with these errors. The 1st one I am clueless to what I can even do and the second one I don't know why is happening. Please help.
Supported API test FAILED
Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
- API D3D12GetDebugInterface in d3d12.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
- Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps violates the Windows Store certification requirements.
- How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps. Please note, apps that are built in a debug configuration or without .NET Native enabled (where applicable) can fail this test as these environments may pull in unsupported APIs. Retest your app in a release configuration, and with .NET Native enabled if applicable. See the link below for more information: Alternatives to Windows APIs in Windows Store apps.
App resources FAILED
- Error Found: The branding validation test encountered the following errors:
- Image file SplashScreen.scale-200.png is a default image.
- Impact if not fixed: Windows Store apps are expected to be complete and fully functional. Apps using the default images e.g. from templates or SDK samples present a poor user experience and cannot be easily identified in the store catalog.
- How to fix: Replace default images with something more distinct and representative of your app.
Here is the full output for further details:
220.127.116.11 App Architecture: x64 Kit Version: 10.0.16299.15 OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16299.0) OS Architecture: x64 Deployment and launch tests PASSED Bytecode generation PASSED Background tasks cancelation handler PASSED Platform version launch PASSED App launch PASSED Crashes and hangs Package compliance test PASSED Application count PASSED App manifest PASSED Bundle manifest PASSED Package size PASSED Restricted namespace Windows security features test PASSED Binary analyzer PASSED Banned file analyzer PASSED Private code signing ... (error 1 above) App manifest resources tests PASSED ... (error 2 above) Debug configuration test PASSED Debug configuration File encoding test PASSED UTF-8 file encoding App Capabilities test PASSED Special use capabilities Windows Runtime metadata validation PASSED ExclusiveTo attribute PASSED Type location PASSED Type name case-sensitivity PASSED Type name correctness PASSED General metadata correctness PASSED Properties Package sanity test PASSED Platform appropriate files PASSED Supported directory structure check Resource Usage Test PASSED WinJS background task