I'm struggling to find software that will enable me to take real life photos and make them "flat" (orthographic) for use in textures.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to take perspective photos and make them orthographic? The simpler it is the better. I've tried using Photoshop's adaptive wide angle filter with no luck.enter image description here Here is an example photo. The perspective is obvious, because the straight lines (in real life) are not straight (in the photo)


1 Answer 1


GIMP has a "Lens Distortion" filter under Filters / Distorts.

enter image description here

But clearly that is not the preferred option as it leads to data loss. There are cameras (cheap ones too) with lenses that don't produce such strong distortion.

  • \$\begingroup\$ The results there look really good. I'll try that with probably multiple photos \$\endgroup\$
    – Steve
    Sep 3, 2016 at 20:51

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .