Alright, I have several questions that I haven't been able to find answers to yet. It looks like WiX and Inno Setup are pretty standard solutions for making the installer. WiX looks pretty intimidating and I got lost reading the tutorial on their site, so I'll probably use Inno Setup.
- What are the dependencies for Monogame that I need to install? I couldn't find any official documentation on this. I found a few forums posts where people said you'll likely need DX 11 and .NET 4.0. My visual studio project says .NET 4.5, so I'm guessing that's actually the one I need?
- What things in my output directory need to be installed? I've got some .XML, .pdb, and .config files and I doubt I should be including them? Does MS have documentation on this?
- Are there any tools to help me make sure I've got everything? Maybe some Visual Studio automation for doing this stuff? It looks like there is a WiX template for XNA, but I have no idea if I can safely use that with monogame.
- Do I need a separate windows computer (including license) just to test the install? Or can I make a VM and use like a trial version of windows? It looks like windows 10 has a trial mode.
- Additional guides, tutorials, or documentation I should be reading?
Here are the files in my output directory for the release build (do I need all these?):