In Unity I converted my single player game to a multiplayer game. Now, the single player game does not work anymore because the objects are disappearing on start, due to the network identity.
What is the best practice for still using the same objects in a single player game?
My question is about a general implementation, and not about something in my game specific.
We create a simple single player game:
- Make a sphere
- Make a script to move it with arrows
We have a single player game!!
- Change the script to be a networkbehaviour
- Check for islocalplayer in the script
- Make the sphere a network identity
- Make a network controller
Now we have a multiplayer "game"!
If we now want to play this game singleplayer, it will not work. Just try adding the sphere to a scene. It will disappear on start.
What can I do to make the object usable in both single and multiplayer scenes?