There are many games out there that feature a movie or cut scene to feature either in-game features or to set the mood for the player. Some examples are the intro from Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Fifa Street 2, Modern Warfare 3, etc. How do I integrate a movie I made to Unity so it launches right at the start, ends playing and then shows the main menu? Is it available for unity personal edition or is it only for pro users?
The component you are looking for is the MovieTexture.
- Create a scene "intro" with a UI->Canvas.
- Add a UI->Raw Image to the canvas
- Import your video as a movie texture and attach it as texture to the image
- Enlarge the image so it fills the whole screen
- Add a script which plays the movie and then loads your main menu scene when the video is finished (or the player cancels it).
- Make this scene your start scene