I'm writing a script for a game story which starts with a bombing of a school. You spawn in a room at the second floor. You play as a child and his 2 best friends and you have 2 options:
- Hide in the bombing shelter with everyone else
- Risk your lives in an attempt to get out of the schools
I need a way to non-explicitly tell the player to choose one of these options. Rather than tell the user straight out with a message box, I would like the story to tell this to the player.
How I think I might do this:
1. Have an opening scene where the ncps talk with the main character (the main character and his best friends) and initially discus the 2 options.
2. Leave the user to figure this out by giving him/her some clues. This might be an open door to get out of the school
 , all the other npcs moving to the bombing shelter, etc
3. Give a hint in the loading menu / pause menu. Not the smartest idea, however...
Does anyone have any ideas how to reveal the 2 options without explicitly stating so? I'm free to any ideas.