I'm trying to build a setup for educational use of Minecraft:
One person plays Minecraft, another person watches live online with the least lag/latency possible, and the pair can talk over high-quality voice chat.
What is the best setup to allow this?
1) Write a mod that allows a watcher to be a passive spectator through their copy of Minecraft? The watcher would see exactly what the player sees. Would this be the fastest and clearest picture? Is it a trivial mod to write?
2) Connect together over Hamachi? Can that be dead-easy to set up?
3) Use a voice-chat in the game itself?
1) Use a streaming video technology. (Twitch? Google Hangouts? Something else?)
2) Third party voice chat like Skype. (Or just Google Hangouts?)
My fear here is lag, low quality video, bandwidth.
Scenario C ?
Thanks very much for any help :)