I'm currently in the process of making my first game and have a pretty sturdy prototype, but I don't know how to send it out to select people. Any suggestions?
I have never used ClickTeam Fusion, but if it simply like other programs, and if this video is not outdated, you should be able to export your game and build it into either an iOS, Android, Flash, or HTML5 format.
If you are making a PC game, then Flash or HTML5 work, otherwise, you could use iOS or Android respectively.
- Click on
Toolson the menu bar and make sure
Preferences > General > Exportersis set to your preferred exporting file system, whether it be Android, iOS, Flash (SFW), or HTML5. If you're not sure go with SFW.
- If you set it to be Android, you will probably have to download the Android SDK and figure out where your JDK directory is, but a quick Google search will clear up both.
- In any case, once you are done with that and made sure all the settings are to your liking, you can proceed to click on
Fileon the menu bar and head to
Build > Applicationwhere you will then choose where to build your application. Create a folder on the desktop or wherever you want, and build it in there.
- Wait for a bit, and viola, your game has been exported.
TO SEND TO OTHERS:
- Upload your file to a file sharing site such as Mediafire, Mega, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Send the person you wish to send the game to the link.
- The person downloads the file, and if it is SFW, they will have to have Flash Player to run it, otherwise, they can either run it in their typical browser (HTML5) or in their respective phones (iOS or Android).
- If you are feeling particularly open, you could always upload your code to GitHub and there anyone can download your code, or help with it's development such as editing it or fixing it. (With your consent of course).