The Irrlicht Engine is an easy to use, cross-platform graphics engine programmed in C++. It supports two hardware accelerated render engines (OpenGL and DirectX), many asset file formats and both GLSL and HLSL shaders.
- Supports multiple rendering engines, including Direct3D 8 and 9, OpenGL 1.2-4+, a built-in Irrlicht software renderer, and the Burningsvideo Software Renderer
- Cross-platform support for Linux, Windows and MacOS X, with experimental support for Android and iOS.
- Direct loading of many common asset file formats, with write support for some formats
- Support for both skeletal character animation (
.ms3d) and morph target animation (
- Easy to use scene graph based
- 2D GUI system, Unicode support and XML parsing
- Support for GLSL and HLSL shaders, including Vertex, Fragment, Geometry and Tessellation shaders
- A simple built in collision system, with community built wrappers for popular physics engines such as Bullet, ODE and NewtonDynamics.
- Released under the Zlib license.