I'm having a really hard time deciding which way to go on this. I'm about to start developing a game and I haven't been able to find many good comparisons between these approaches. I don't have many requirements for the game yet, but here is what I do know.
- needs to work on iPhone
- I don't have much money ($400 for Unity for iPhone is probably too much. I can probably afford $99 for Corona.)
- Graphics will be 2D
- Physics support is not needed
- Ability to use particles would be nice
- Game Center support would be nice (Corona is planning to support it soon)
- It would be nice to be able to support Android as well if it isn't much effort.
I have done my own research, so I know basic things about them. I know Corona uses Lua and Cocos2D uses Objective C. I know that Corona allows deployment to iPhone and Android, but how easy is it?
Cocos2D is free, but so many people talk about how easy it is to use Corona, but I don't like being restricted to features Corona supports or the price tag. I feel so torn here.