I've just started using SFML and one of the first problems I've come across is some weird characters on the the titlebar whenever I try to use accents or any other extended char.
For instance, I've got:
sf::RenderWindow Ventana(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "Año nuevóóó");
And the titlebar renders like
This ONLY HAPPENS if my source code file is enconded in UTF-8. If I change the file encoding to ISO-8859-1, it shows properly. Obviously all of my files use UTF-8, as its the system-wide encoding. I'm using GCC under Ubuntu GNU/Linux.
I've tried using the different utilities in
sf::Unicode to adapt the text, but none of them seems to work.