Strafe is more of a character term than a camera term, although in games I've seen people use it for cameras since they are often directly linked to character movement.
Typically when talking about a camera the movements are.
- Tilt (rotation on fixed position camera to look up/down)
- Pan (rotation on fixed position camera to look left/right)
- Dolly In/Out (physically moving the camera towards or away from the subject)
- Zoom In/Out (changing the focal length of a fixed position camera to make the subject appear larger)
- Truck Left/Right* (physically moving the camera left/right as defined by current orientation, this is what is matched to "Strafe" for characters)
- Pedestal Up/Down (physically move the camera up/down)
- Arc Left/Right (physically orbit the camera around some central object involving a combination of Panning and Trucking)
*Truck is regularly used in TV, but sometimes Dolly is used for both forward/back and left/right movements.