Sign up ×
Game Development Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional and independent game developers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

It is not isometric, neither is it pure 2D. What is this graphics view called?

enter image description here

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Nicol Bolas, Seth Battin, Byte56 Jul 28 '13 at 3:55

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Pixelated Graphics – Vipar Jul 27 '13 at 21:41
These are visible graphics. – Alex M. Jul 27 '13 at 21:55
Does it need a name? If you're trying to simulate it, just try. Having a name for it won't help you there. – Byte56 Jul 27 '13 at 22:39
@user357320: That might be true if game developers/gamers were at all consistent about how they name anything. – Nicol Bolas Jul 28 '13 at 0:16
@NicolBolas Or how they searched for it:… – Byte56 Jul 28 '13 at 0:25

1 Answer 1

If you don't consider it as simply perspective (ie if the view is actually orthographic) then it would be called an oblique projection. See this discussion on Ultima 7's perspective/projection.

share|improve this answer
Perhaps adding "overhead" oblique projection would elaborate the view. A mathematical term is affine transformation, in which parallel lines are preserved, as opposed to projective transformation (where parallels meet at points on the horizon). – hardmath Jul 27 '13 at 23:02
An orthographic projection has parallel lines that meet at +/-infinity – bobobobo Jul 27 '13 at 23:32

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.