Hello Stack Exchange,
I apologize if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find an answer through searching...probably due to being unable to describe what I am looking for very well.
Right now, I currently have the following...
- Entity which is assigned components.
- Engine which keeps a track of the systems and entities.
- Node which contains references to the components in an entity that we want the system to modify (currently creating these manually and adding it to the system).
- Component which contains the data to be modified by the system.
- System which operates on the nodes which in turn change the data in the entity.
I also have various other classes dedicated to holding lists of the various objects. Please help me understand where to go from here. If you need me to post my actual code or be more descriptive, let me know.
Thank you very much.