I know that there are several open-source/free 2D game engines out there; I am just wondering about commercial ones (if any). The idea of wanting of looking for a commercial engine is for support and continual updates.
Off the bat I know that there is DarkBasic, Blitz Basic and Torque 2D. What's else are there?
What I am looking for (technical wise):
- Sprites and Animation capability
- GUI (menus, dialogs, simple controls)
- Math helper for usual math operations -vectors, rotation, turning an entity to face another...
- Entity management
- Serialization of game data
- Level design tools
- Deployment tools
And support wise
- Examples and Tutorials
- Continual update
- Support through forum/emails/private channels