I build a racing game right in OpenGL using Glut, and I'm a bit lost in all the details. First of all, any suggestions as a road map would be more than great.
So far what I thought is this:
- Tree implementation for transformations.
- Simulated dynamics.(*)
- Octree implementation for collision detection.
- Actual collision detection.(*)
- Modelling in Maya and export them as .OBJs.
- Polishing the game with GLSL or something like that for graphics quality.
(*): I am not sure the order of these two.
So I started with the simulated dynamics without tree, and it turned out to be a huge chaos for me. Is there any way you can think of such that could help me to build such tree to use in racing game?
I thought something like this but I have no idea how to implement it.
Reds are static, yellows are dynamic nodes