Besides salary, what are the benefits you dream to get from a game development company as an employee?
For example, I would find these things useful for both, me and a company:
- Right to suggest own ideas.
- Everyone participates in the brainstorming process.
- 20% of the paid time spent on testing new games, making prototypes of own ideas, blogging about game development or giving presentations about related matter to colleagues.
- At least some of the code produced should be open sourced.
- Access to development-related books, magazine subscriptions.
- Credits in the developed games with all developers and links to their personal websites of their choice.
- International coworkers.
- No more than 40 hours per week for work required, but optional over-time is paid.
And if I founded a game development company myself in the future, I would like to have all that for the employees.