I just realized there are not C++ 2D Game Engines that I know of. For example, something like Pygame in Python, or Slick2D in Java. We have the following:
- SDL -> Too low level, not a Game Engine
- SFML -> Handles more things than SDL and it's more modern, but still not a Game Engine. I like it, but I have found it a little bit buggy with the 2.0 version.
- Irrlitch -> It's a Game Engine, but 3D focused.
- Ogre3D -> Same as Irrlitch
- Allegro -> This is a Game Engine, but it's C based, I'd like a modern C++ library.
- Monocle Engine -> This looks like what I need... but sadly there is no Documentation, no community... nothing, all I have is the Github repo.
So, do you know any ? I'd like to use C++, not C#, not Java: I'm just more comfortable with C++.