What system specifications would a game need if it was:
Total players per planet: ~20000
Total players per team:~1M
Total players per map(small volume of space or small surface over a planet): ~2000
Total players: ~10M(world has more players than this amount i think)
- Two of the players are commanders of opposite quadrants(from HUD of a strategy game).
- Lots of players use space-crafts as a captain(like 3d fps and rts).
- Many many players control consoles in those space-crafts as under command of captains.(fps )
- Some players are still in stone-age trying to reinvent wheel in some planet.
- Players design and construct any vehicles they have.
- With good physics engine
- Has puzzles inside.
- Everyone get experience by doing stuff(RPG).
- Commerce, income or totally different resource-based group(like starcraft)
- Player classes(primitive: cunning and strong, wrapped: healthy, wealthy)
- Arcade top-down style firing with ships when people get bored
- very low chance of miraculous things.(mediclorians, wormholes, bugs)
- Different game-modes: persistent(living world), resetted periodically(a new chance for noobs), instant(pre-built space + hack&slash)
I suspect this would need 128GB ram and 2048 cores.