I am implementing a before-match setup in following way:
- Users request a multiplayer match (click "New Game" button or similar)
- After enough users request the match – connection is established
- Users are then moved into Select level view
- On that view, there is "Become Master" button, which an user can use to become Master
- The Master has ability to select level to play
- After clicking "Become Master" – the users vote – simple popup appears "Accept User X becoming Master?"
- If > 50% agrees, user X becomes master.
- Master then selects level he wants. After 10 seconds, game starts – all users are moved to In-game view, to play selected level.
Question: I am wondering if I am not doing this too complicated? Shouldn't I randomly choose the master, or somehow make selection mechanism simpler?