I am a newbie a video game design, but I have made one video game called Evan Aris Program. It was made with Game maker which is a do-it-easy kinda of program, but it still took lots of effort and spriting skills. I wanted to try making mmo next and I have some questions:
- What is the best program(s) or method for designing a MMO? Is Abyssal Engine a good choice if I want to make a 2d MMO?
- What are some really good and clear ways to make absolutely sure that resources in use are legal to use.
- What are some good places to get websites and ways to advertise the game.
- Do I necessary need patents to sell the game or is it already legally covered?
- What servers might be the best choice to get and which types of servers will cost the least money?
- What are other important things I might need to know about?