I'd love for my partner, the artist, to be able to animate using flash movieclips and timelines. Then I, the programmer, would like to read the raw Flash info and re-program it into my engine of choice (which happens to be Torque2D). The data I'd want is
- the bitmap images that were used in Flash, like the head and body
- the links between the images, like where the head connects to the body
- the motion data from the flash animation, like move, rotate (at what speed), shear, etc. for the head or arms or whatever.
Is there any way to get this data?
Here's what I know so far.
- There are tools like SWFSheet and Spriteloq that convert the entire flash animation into a frame by frame sprite animation (in a sprite sheet). This would take too much space in my case, so I'd like to avoid that. Re-animating on the fly would take much less texture memory.
- There is a PDF that describes the SWF file format but NOT the individual components like the movieclips.
So anyone know of a library I can use, or how I can learn more about the movieclip components and whatnot?
(more better tags: transform, export, convert)