I am looking for a game engine for my school project on computer graphics. There are specific requirements that I do not want to implement by myself, since they are irrelevant for the grade, but relevant for the final result.
So reusing other one's code is a good thing here and I am looking for an engine that supports the following features, or that has plugins/3rd party projects available that can do it for me. I have already been looking for it for 2 days, but maybe some of you might just know the right fit for me.
- Open Source / Free [so people can always view back my code without any licensing.]
- OO [I'm not so good at C++. Preferred are: Java, C#]
Crowd Simulation [I need walking people in my scene. This could be a 3rd party lib. Probably best with nav meshes.]
- Render to Texture [I need panels with moving images on it. Unity3d fails here.]
- Multi-project [I cannot adjust the installation folder on my school computer. UDK and CryEngine fail here.]
- Cross Platform (at least for Linux)
Engines that fail my requirements:
- CryEngine 3
- OpenSceneGraph: not a real engine. I need more interactive components.
- XNA: not cross platform.
I found a nice crowd simulation lib after a long long search: http://gamma.cs.unc.edu/RVO2/ So that is not a big issue anymore
Apparently, my mentor wants it to be cross platform. Which is an ouch for XNA.