Lately i've been thinking about which path to follow for developing an 3D Online game. I have googled a lot but i couldnt find a good article that covers both game development and online server & client development in same context. This question has been in mind for about 2 weeks now. So.. yesterday i started developing a game from scratch by using Irrlicht.Net Wrapper to use Socket library of .NET which im already familiar. But i found out .Net wrapper of Irrlicht is not totally finished yet and still have lacks from the original. So i lost all my motives :/.
So i thought why not to ask the experts before i run into another dead end...
What Game Engine and Networking Library is best way to go for 3D MMO Development?
Here is some of my early conclusions: Please let me know the ones im wrong.
- Best Performance for 3D Graphics.
- Most Game Engines has native C++ Libraries.
- Lacks a Solid Socket Library
- .NETC++ Lacks Intellisense Support.
- Intellisense Support
- NET Socket Library
- Lacks 3D Graphics Performance
- Lacks a native solid 3D Game Engine