Sorry to make the question so vague.
What I ultimately want is software that allows people to play independent video games on a PC and not have to worry about maintaining it.
Imagine a game that was made in a few hours that does not have a restart button and crashes often. It should be able to handle these kinds of things and do more!
The software should:
- allow the game to be restarted manually
- handle game crashes (likely by restarting the game)
- restrict the user from doing anything crazy
- offer a UI to select the game from a list
- handle pre-configured key bindings
- cross-platform (start with windows)
I just want to know if this exists already before I start creating one. As of now AutoHotKey is being used to do this sloppily.
If such software does not exist then perhaps someone could recommend a general open source Kiosk software? Open Kiosk? I'll take anything.
(I also could not find a related tag. Not even sure if this question should be here rather than stackoverflow)