I am seeking a game server that will scale well. All commercial and/or free software alternatives are welcome. Game will be a boardgame that is similar to poker. Some technical details are listed below.
- There will be a table which consists of 4 people, to send them message I need a channel manager. A table will be ready to play for at least 5 minutes. There should be a reliable channel manager.
- People will wait for some time(i.e.) and if they are not playing they will be kicked by server, so there will be a reliable timed task queue to execute some tasks.
- It should be quick enough to response and show the changes to all 4 people on that table simultaneously.To achive this server should have a powerfull I/O library.
- I think to use inmemory to have quick response times, but it comes with scalability problems.
- And some variables should be thread safe so a variable should be thread safe between multiple nodes.
- Flash(AS3) and Unity (.Net 2.0 C# mono) client API's should be available for socket connection.
PS: I am using Reddwarf server, it lacks of documentation and multiple node.